- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Health Promotion Center
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor and Program Manager, the HIV Medical Case Worker is responsible for:
- Enroll clients into the case management program
- Assess, monitor, and document progress of clients on an ongoing basis
- Monitor participant utilization of care with VCC and other agencies
- Document client visits, and medical assessment information in clients medical chart
- Participate in case conference meetings with interdisciplinary team
- Complete all monthly reports
- Coordinate medical appointments between clients and staff
- Associates degree in Social Work or related field and a minimum of two years' experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS, or related field.
- Valid California driver’s license, current auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Availability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours, as required
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS related social and emotional issues, demonstrated competency in working with culturally diverse, low income or no income clients, and LGBTQ communities
- Familiarity with local HIV/AIDS and non-HIV specific resources
- Familiarity with health and social service needs of target populations served
- Ability to appropriately interact and collaborate with clients and health professionals in a variety of settings
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations
- Ability to complete documentation required by this contract