Chief Operations Officer
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- 40 hrs/wk (M-F 8am to 5pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage key clinic organizational initiatives while leading the clinic management team, providing leadership and direction to clinic managers and staff while working towards corporate goals and strategic plans. Will have direct oversight of multiple clinic departments and responsibility for developing systems and process design, implementation and monitoring for compliance and quality.
- Monitors clinical systems for efficiency, effectiveness and fiscal viability
- Coordinates the function of the clinics to ensure that all patients are treated in a timely, professional and courteous manner, ensuring customer satisfaction, while ensuring adherence to all policies and standards; maintaining quality control, staffing, training and counseling of employees; and inventory and maintenance of clinics
- Provide supervision to direct reports; select, orient, train and evaluate job performance; provide leadership and developmental opportunities to direct reports
- Oversee, administer, and coordinate the daily operations of all clinical programs and activities
- Identify, implement and maintain systems critical to the efficient delivery of patient care; responsible for working collaboratively with clinic staff to identify programmatic needs, models, and best practices
- Oversee work flow improvement efforts by providing input, overseeing changes and developing new procedures; provide continued monitoring of changes including. for improved integration of revenue cycle in coordination with Finance Department
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and licensing agencies as well as grant and contract compliance
- Ensure patient access to care, monitor patient care statistics and implement programs and systems to ensure efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Participate in budget development and monitor revenue and expenses to ensure organization is within budget; monitor provider productivity, patient utilization, identify trends and make recommendations to meet budget and service goals
- Participate as a member of CQI and Executive Committee
- Develop updates and maintain clinic policies, procedures and protocols; update employees by providing information, direction and monitoring of procedural changes; ensure staff has received adequate training and supervision in changes
- Ensure compliance with patient care contracts
- Work in partnership with chief medical officer to implement and maintain quality improvement programs; monitor and ensure policy adherence to meet quality and service goals
- Establish department goals and objectives annually, and monitor, adjusting to achieve performance expectations
- Create and maintain disaster plan for organization
- Develop protocols and audits for clinical quality measures in coordination with Programs and Compliance Department
- Masters degree in health related field with minimum five years senior healthcare management experience.
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
- Knowledge of federal, state and county programs/regulations/agencies governing healthcare
- Certified in Lean Six Sigma; master black belt certification preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of governmental grant management
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional manner and work with people of all social and ethnic backgrounds
- Experience/Familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products, business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, leadership, negotiation, good conflict resolution skills and exhibit consensus gaining ability
- Self starter who works independently and is results driven, tenacious, precise and calm under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to: problem solve, manage significant projects, provide leadership and guidance to team members, measure progress and results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to build and sustain effective, collaborative working relationships with broad array of individuals at various job levels across multiple functional areas
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior and executive leaders, both within and outside the organization
- Ability to manage a flexible schedule and travel periodically
- Strong ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with clinician leadership.
- Experienced in use of EHR/EPM (NextGen preferred), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, statistical software.