Community Health Advocate
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Health Promotion Center
- Full Time (M-F 8am-5pm, Sat. availability req)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Provide a range of field-based healthcare case management and care coordination support to program participants at designated community sites in the community of Oceanside, including outreach, health insurance enrollment, and linkage to medical care. Assist in program activities and administrative support.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct community outreach, including community presentations
- Contact and schedule appointments for community residents
- Provide enrollment assistance
- Instruct clients on the documents necessary for the eligibility process, and provide an overview of available healthcare insurance options
- Refer clients to partner agencies and support services and programs
- Provide care coordination support through in person meetings, transportation support and as identified by staff
- Document attempted contacts, contacts, referrals and client visits and medical assessment information in chart, and program related care coordination
- Compile statistics and reports on the number of clients assisted, including application status, health insurance retention, healthcare utilization of care with VCC and other agencies and other information as needed
- Serve as a liaison between VCC and community partners.
- Participate in weekly and monthly staff meetings or as needed
- Attend community meetings, as needed.
- May organize and present health education community presentations
- Complete all monthly activity reports at the end of each month, and on a quarterly basis
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature review, in-service meetings and workshops
- Support the vision, mission and goals, and demonstration commitment the values of the organization
- Perform other duties as directed
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum two years’ case management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Valid California driver’s license and vehicle insurance; reliable transportation, to travel for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Availability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours, as required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally with target population and all levels personel staff in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be proactive
- Ability to track and manage time effectively
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities