Community Health Specialist
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Health Promotion Center
- Full Time (M-F 8am-5pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Perform direct outreach and education to target population as listed on program grant and/or as directed by supervisor.
- Conduct comprehensive outreach (and/or in-reach) in North County and refers individuals to program grant activities and/or clinic
- Provide basic information and education on health topics
- Complete appropriate paperwork
- Conduct basic assessments/screenings of target population
- Participate in health fairs and other community events
- Schedule clinic appointments
- Develop and/or design program flyers
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum two years' experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally with target population and all levels personel staff in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be proactive
- Ability to track and manage time effectively
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities