Complex Care Coordinator
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Health Promotion Center
- 40 hrs/wk (M-F 8am to 4:30pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Provide care management services to patients who are at high risk for health deterioration or poor health outcomes by developing and implementing a comprehensive care plan to embrace the patients’ strengths, needs, and preferences. Using a culturally-sensitive approach with patients whether by person, by telephone, via text message, or through the VCC Patient Portal in order to assist patients in obtaining services that support safe community living or community transitions from hospitals. Act as an advocate, an educator, and a coach to improve the health and quality of life of VCC patients. Work to increase patient access to appointments, services and health care resources to support patients’ self-care management goals to reduce hospitalizations, ER visits or costly service gaps so that all VCC patients can benefit from a more effective health care system.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably providing direct patient care, or with duties involving patient education and advocacy.
- Resourceful community liaison experience navigating through complex health systems and community services
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Associate degree or higher in a healthcare related field.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary for communication with patients/clients, clinicians and other staff
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional manner
- Ability to work with people of all social and ethnic backgrounds and within the constraints of government funded programs
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information in a professional manner
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction