Comprehensive Perinatal Health Worker-Float
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Women's Health
- 40 hrs/wk (M-W and Fri. 8am to 5pm, Thurs. 10am to 7pm) some Sat., 9am to 4pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Manage a caseload of 150-200 assigned patients throughout pregnancy and post partum; collaborate with other Care Team Members to address patient needs and concerns, and encourage attendance at all appointments with a focus optimizing health outcomes. Deliver VCC’s Comprehensive Perinatal Service Program (CPSP) by delivering health education, providing case coordination, completing comprehensive assessments, coordinating support service and monitoring nutrition, education and psychosocial interventions and referrals.
- Utilize OB triage protocol to conduct triage on patients who call or show at the clinic and schedule patients for appointments as appropriate
- Conduct patient “checkout” to ensure all requires services were received and that all recommended follow-up appointments and referrals are completed.
- Prepare package and complete intake on new patients following established CPSP and VCC protocols
- Complete and maintain assessments for health education, nutrition and psychosocial CPSP components
- Provide case management services to clients including coordination with client, family members, client support systems and members of the interdisciplinary team
- Process necessary referrals and coordinate necessary appointments
- AA Degree
- CPHW certificate
- CPR Certification (BLS Child, Infant, Adult)
- Minimum one year experience in perinatal care with a basic knowledge of how perinatal care is provided
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Valid California driver’s license and vehicle insurance; reliable transportation, to travel for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Medical Assistant certificate
- Minimum three years’ maternal and child health experience, including direct patient services
- Experience with a Medi-Cal program in an outpatient setting
- Basic computer knowledge, internet use, MS Office and data entry skills