Medical Assistant-Call Center
- Req No.
- Call Center
- 40 hrs/wk (M-TH 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, F 8am to 5pm) Temporary position 6 mos.
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Support the Call Center by serving as a liaison to the patient’s primary care team, helping address or appropriately route any medical inquiries received from the patient or provider. Act as main contact for providers and entities that communicate with the Call Center. Support the Call Center in regular duties during periods of low demand of primary responsibilities.
- Provide results for labs and imaging studies upon patient request
- Monitor, respond or route medical questions received through the Patient Portal and provider line
- Ensure proper, concise and accurate documentation of conversations held with patients over the above modes.
- Communicate with the patient’s care team by phone or tasking thru NextGen
- Support the patient care team by relaying messages documented in NextGen
- Provide counseling, care and follow-up instructions, health education and materials to patients as instructed by provider
- Provide confidential, culturally sensitive and appropriate language translation between the patient and nurses/providers
- Maintain electronic patient records to ensure completeness and accuracy of information
- Review, perform and schedule preventable health maintenance per schedule
- Answer incoming calls received at the Call Center in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
- Assist in scheduling/rescheduling/cancelling of appointments for all sites and departments
- Ensure demographic data is accurate and current
- Enter insurance information and run eligibility to ensure that patients have active insurance prior to their appointment
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification indicating completion of program from an approved school or hospital including externship
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Current CPR certification
- Good knowledge of general back office procedures, such as taking vitals, performing venipuncture, administering immunizations, etc
- Good comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology in English and Spanish
- Emergency response capability for possible crisis situations