- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Women's Health
- 40 hrs/wk (M-Th 10am to 7pm, F-8am to 5pm, occas. Sat. 9am to 4pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Assist patients in completing eligibility and application packets. Provide direct information, education, and referrals to individuals and groups in target population as required by program and/or as directed.
- Assist with health education and medical assisting for patients
- Coordinate and assist in planning, developing, and implementing program strategies; evaluate, develop and maintain health education materials and methods; may provide training to other health education staff.
- Instruct clients on the documents necessary for the eligibility process
- Follow strict guidelines for eligibility processing
- Provide overview of Medi-Cal (or other) program and reinforce Presumptive Eligibility coverage and requirements
- Review the schedule and call clients to remind about appointment; follow up and reschedule clients who miss appointment
- Schedule the client with the DSS worker
- Fax applications to the DSS worker prior to DSS appointment
- Perform tracking activities such as highlighting the Presumptive Eligibility log tracking appointments that were kept
- Complete daily/weekly and monthly reports
- Provide a link between the department staff and DSS
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing program strategies
- Evaluate, develop and assist in maintaining health education materials
- Maintain documentation and logs for program
- High School diploma or equivalent with four years’ experience in community education and/or direct patient services
- Medical Assistant certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Availability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Valid California driver’s license and vehicle insurance; reliable transportation, to travel for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Associate’s degree in a related field with two years’ community education and/or direct patient services experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Experience with a Medi-Cal program in an outpatient setting
- Knowledge of community health centers, and public assistance programs, state and federal regulations and managed care systems
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities