Patient Portal Representative
- Req No.
- Clinical Operation
- 40 hrs wk (M-F 8am to 5pm) Temporary 2 month assignment
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Enroll patients in the VCC patient portal, and assist patients in using the portal. Respond to patient inquiries regarding enrollment into the portal and resolve issues with enrollment.
- Enroll patients in the patient portal via computer or mobile application
- Provide assistance to patients navigating the portal to view their medical information
- Initiate and follow-up contact with patients as necessary.
- Utilize effective de-escalation techniques when dealing with upset or anxious patients
- Escalate issues to IT department if cannot immediately resolve
- Ensure confidentiality of all patient information per VCC policy and HIPAA guidelines
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Support the vision, mission and goals, and demonstrate a commitment to the values, of the organization
- Perform other duties as directed
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong computer and accurate data entry skills
- Strong verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of patients and staff in a professional manner and to work with people of all social and ethnic backgrounds and within the constraints of government funded programs
- Ability and willingness to meet the organization’s attendance and dress code policies
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction