Physician - OB/GYN
- Req No.
- Regular Part-Time
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Direct and provide medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth outpatients and/or inpatients. Diagnose, treat and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. May also provide general medical care to women. Provide care including physical examinations, making diagnoses, determining course of treatment, providing and supervising appropriate treatment, prescribing medications and documenting patient files. Participate in and support quality assurance programs. May supervise patient care professionals, technicians and other staff.
- Perform cesarean section or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients’ health and deliver babies safely
- Explain procedures and discuss tests results or prescribed treatments with patients
- Refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary
- Take 24 hour call as needed
- Cover other medical services as needed
- Provide direct primary care and ambulatory outpatient care to clinic patients
- May provide in-service training to clinic staff to increase staff awareness and to facilitate better patient care
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and procedures to ensure quality medical care
- Participate in utilization and peer review programs which evaluates the quality of the medical staff and medical services being performed at the clinics
- Provide consultation services to other practitioners by telephone
- Current Medical License in state of California; board eligible or certified
- Current CPR certification
- DEA license
- Knowledge of community health centers, and public assistance programs, state and federal regulations and managed care systems
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional manner
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities