- Req No.
- Referral Coordination
- 40 hrs/wk (M-F 8am to 5pm) Temporary 8/1/19-5/1/20
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. We have a very competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for continuity of patient care, including follow up appointments, referrals and authorizations.
- Assist patients in scheduling patients for referral appointments for health care. Complete all associated paperwork, including obtaining prior authorizations, patient and provider cover letters, and necessary referral logs
- Review with patient all referral requirements (i.e. prior authorizations, preps for diagnostics, etc) and written date and time instructions
- Act as liaison with referral providers and agencies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum four years’ experience in medical, social service setting or related field
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation to travel between sites for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Medical assistant certification or equivalent training preferred
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Managment and Electronic Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Familiar with medical, social service and houseing terminology
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products, business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities