- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- 40 hrs/wk (M-TH 10am-7pm, Sat. 8am to 5pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego county, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Schedule Initial Health Assessments for managed care members
- Follow-up with new patients to ensure satisfaction and generate second appointment
- Contact existing patients not yet seen in calendar year to book for preventive appointments
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as determined
- Answer all incoming telephone calls within 60 seconds in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner
- Make appointments for all clinics
- Enter accurate demographic data or verify current data in the computer, updating as necessary
- Enter insurance policies and verifies policy numbers, start and stop dates and updates as needed
- Provide lunch/illness/vacation coverage as needed
- Ensure work stations and waiting areas are kept clean and orderly
- High school graduate or equivalent with minimum 6 months’ customer service or sales experience, preferably in a medical office setting
- Exceptional phone skills; solid interpersonal communications and knowledge of health care systems and VCC products and services.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities