Dental Assistant / Registered Dental Assistant
- Req No.
- Regular Part-Time
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Perform a wide variety of patient care activities and assist chair side in the concept of four handed dentistry.
- Use automated caries detection devices and materials to gather information for diagnosis by dentist. Application of pit and fissure sealants.
- Place temporary sedative dressing, places bases and liners on sound dentin, remove excess cement from supragingival surfaces of teeth with a hand instrument.
- Maintain a smooth constant flow of patients from reception to operatories; coordinate the activities of several operatories.
- Operate x-ray equipment to make complete and/or selective oral radiographic services.
- High school graduate or equivalent with post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred
- Certification of Completion of Registered Dental Assistant Exam or in the process getting RDA license
- Coronal Polishing Certificate
- Radiation Safety Certificate
- Current CPR Certification
- Operational experience with x-ray machine, sterilizing equipment, ultrasonic equipment, laboratory equipment and other dental practice related equipment
- Minimum two year's experience working as a registered dental assistant in a high volume dental practice
- Availability and willingness to work evening and/or weekend hours when requested
- Knowledge of the full range of professional dental duties in connection with treatment of dental diseases and dental health problems of usual difficulty
- Knowledge of professional and ethical standards of health care delivery
- Proven ability to put patients at ease and give clear understandable directions of treatment recommended by dentist
- Skill in the management of “team” dentistry using multiple operatories and multiple auxiliaries
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems and the ability to use that knowledge in assisting clients with accessing necessary health care services
- Knowledge of the operational aspects of Medi-Cal, CHDP, private insurance and government programs which pay for dental services