- Req No.
- 40 hrs/wk (M-W-Th-F 8am to 5pm, Tues. 10:30am to 7:30pm) Temporary position 9/1/19 to 12/1/19.
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Prepare patients for examination and assist providers with the examination and/or procedure
- Take vital signs, height and weight of patients; plot growth charts; administer immunizations
- Perform laboratory and screening tests customarily performed in a medical office such as visual acuity, audiometric screening, Snellen tests, spirometry tests and EKG’s
- Give counseling, care and follow-up instructions, health education and materials to patients as instructed by provider
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Certificate from Medical Assistant Program at an approved school or hospital including externship
- Minimum three years back office experience
- CPR certification
- Phlebotomy certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Good knowledge of general back office procedures, such as taking vitals, performing venipuncture, administering immunizations, etc
- Good comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology in English and Spanish
- Emergency response capability for possible crisis situations